Toshiba Satellite not booting correctly (Amber, green, and WiFi light on)

Khranos

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
I have a Toshiba Satellite (I don't know the model, but it's post-2010) and it's not wanting to turn on correctly. I haven't turned the laptop on for about 3-4 months. The battery was still good (7 - 8 hours of working charge) the last time I used it. The power cord I'm using works fine in my other laptops from around the same model year.

Whenever I have the battery and the power cord plugged in, it does this when turned on:

• * Amber light (with what looks to be a plug) flashes indefinitely.

* The green power light slowly becomes brighter until it's at full brightness. (takes around 20 seconds)

* The orange WiFi light (I think that's what it is) sometimes comes on (about 1/3 of the time).

* I don't hear any fans or moving parts inside of the laptop.

The same thing happens whenever I just have the battery in as well.

If I don't insert the battery and I just have the AC power in, it won't do anything at all.

I have tried the following things:

• * Around 5 hard resets (40 seconds or more with the battery both in and out of the laptop)

* Removing the hard drive

* Trying 1 and 2 sticks of RAM in at once, with about 6 different sticks.

As is evident, I'm completely lost on where to go now. I'm pretty sure that at this point, it's a mobo issue, but I'm willing to try most anything else to see if it works.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to trying any other possible methods!

EDIT: If more information is needed, just post saying so, and I'll help with any more info as needed. The computer is also still somehow receiving power since this post was first posted.