Toshiba Satellite Overheating

itsvivek2you

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
So I have a toshiba satellite c55-a and it’s overheating, but only near the top left corner right above the fan. The fan is perfectly clean and it’s not broken or anything but when I touch it it feels like touching a hot glue gun spout or a very very hot plate. I don’t know what this is and I would like some help fixing it.

itsvivek2you

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from itsvivek2you : "Toshiba Satellite will not boot up"

I have a toshiba Satellite that runs windows 8. One day something went wrong and the screen told me how it can’t boot up or something, I look around and apparently the solution is a recovery disk. I get one and try to use it and it works mostly, when I had to finish the reboot the screen went dark and told me to restart the computer and take the disk out. I did that and it had me start all over again. I tried to do it again but the screen just went dark. Please tell me what to do so that I can fix it.

Apr 10, 2018

I cleaned my fan - a couple of times - but my fan still ran at high speed. I was somehow directed to check my CPU and learned that HP Touchpoint Analytics was running and taking up memory. I don't even know what that program does, but when I followed instructions to "disable" it, my fan immediately stopped buzzing and I had no more overheating and no more loud fan. Issue solved!