Marko_I_K

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
Hello, guis! I have a very big problem with the display of laptop Toshiba Satellite P30-153, that shows colors in a strange way. They are distorted and some of them not in the correct place like the monitor has been seen from an angle. Also, there is a flickering (blinking) of pixels all over the screen when this happens. The interesting thing is, that when I close the lid and open it again, this problem fixes by itself, but after clicking on an icon it starts again. I hope its not a hardware problem.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Hi,

Do try to identify first if it's a hardware or software problem.
- Connect an external monitor first and see if the display is normal because if it is that means it's a possible hardware problem.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Reboot the laptop and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If the same problem persist proceed with troubleshooting the Hardware part or in your case the display or the cable.
- Open you laptop and check all physical connection running from the display to the monitor.
- You can unplug/plug it from it's port to make sure it's seated properly.
- If all these doesn't work you may need to replace the display it...
Hi,

Do try to identify first if it's a hardware or software problem.
- Connect an external monitor first and see if the display is normal because if it is that means it's a possible hardware problem.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Reboot the laptop and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If the same problem persist proceed with troubleshooting the Hardware part or in your case the display or the cable.
- Open you laptop and check all physical connection running from the display to the monitor.
- You can unplug/plug it from it's port to make sure it's seated properly.
- If all these doesn't work you may need to replace the display it self already.

Solution