Question TOSHIBA SATELLITE P70-B-10T - CHARGING ISSUE

Jan 4, 2020
Hi Friends,

Good day,

My Laptop battery is not charging and shows "0% available (plugged in)". I did all possible solution mentioned in the internet.

1. Removed Battery and started only on power adaptor - it's working fine
  2. removed power and battery pressed the power button for 30 seconds - same issue not charging
  3. uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from Device Manager and restarted the laptop - still issue remains same
  4. Somewhere it was mentioned to flash the Bios but I don't know how to do it and don't know if this might work.
  5. Forgot to mention, I tried for new Battery but as soon as I insert the new battery the light started blinking without even powering the laptop.
Please assist me on this. Many Thanks

All your problems sound like a bad battery.

You say you 'tried for a new battery', but what does that mean exactly?

Did you purchase a new battery (an OEM one) and try it? Did you plug it in and leave it off to charge for a while before trying the laptop?

Or did you purchase an aftermarket battery (which is not a good idea)?

Additionally, does it charge when the laptop is off (completely powered off)?

Jan 4, 2020
All your problems sound like a bad battery.

You say you 'tried for a new battery', but what does that mean exactly?

Did you purchase a new battery (an OEM one) and try it? Did you plug it in and leave it off to charge for a while before trying the laptop?

Or did you purchase an aftermarket battery (which is not a good idea)?

Additionally, does it charge when the laptop is off (completely powered off)?

Yes I purchased the new Battery (OEM one) But as soon as I insert the new battery the charging point light flashes without even inserting the charger or turning the laptop on. Someone suggested me that may be you need to change your motherboard. I am confused what to do. It is not charging when laptop is off, the orange light is flashing.

It could be the charging circuit which is on the motherboard. That doesn't absolutely mean the motherboard must be replaced. A good tech, on some boards, can to the repair. You would have to check with a local tech or two to see if that can be done to yours.

TRENDING THREADS