toshiba satellite pxe error help please

G

My toshiba laptop stayed on a black screen with a curser that blinked twice and went away after the toshiba leading innovations screen with f2 and f12 for 2 or 3 weeks. I guessed the hard drive was full or went bad cause it stayed on the black screen. I bought a new hard drive and put it in the laptop a few days ago. The new hard drive shows up correctly in bios and the correct amount of ram is shown. Now I have a pxe error saying no bootable disk, insert boot disk and press any key to continue. I can't use the old hard drive to make a disk and the new one is blank so where do I find a new os disk with a new product key?

G

Thank you for the fast reply. I will consider those two websites for future needs. Can you recommend a store or 2 for me? Thanks again

JQB45

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Have you tried talking to Toshiba? I also have a Toshiba and had to have the motherboard replaced because it could not keep time. They are helpful, but the 5-6 week wait is horrible.

G

JQB45 Yes I'm in the US. I didn't talk to toshiba but I can't wait weeks for an os disk. I can look on amazon. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks