Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Snow

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
TOSHIBA SATELLITE S50 - B
Part NO. PSPQ6C - 025001
-----------------------

I turn on the laptop and it keeps on prompting "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation" over and over again..

1. I removed the Laptop Battery.
2. Put the battery back in.
3. Turn the Laptop.
4. This time, I get another popup message: "RTC battery is low"

I have opened and looked underside of the laptop. I Can not find the CMOS battery anywhere.

Image of Motherboard:
t8zwwJl.jpg

HDD Removed:
o204w7i.jpg

I would appreciate the help.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
They appear to use the laptop battery to power the Real Time Clock, You may need a new battery.
R U able borrow a working battery to test it out. I would say your battery has failed and purchasing a new one is your next option.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

You need to connect the AC adaptor and the notebook must be ON for at least 18-20 hours
After the main battery has been fully charged, the CMOS battery will start to charge too.
Retry this before buying a new battery.

Lord Snow

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

1. After countless hours of researching, I figure the Main Battery and CMOS Battery are together.
2. I don't have any extra battery to replace it with.
3. Right now, the laptop is charging and while showing "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation" logo.
4. Will report back when something different happens.

Thank you for now.

Lord Snow

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Report:

1. Plugged in AC power Adapter for 18 hours 41 minutes since I left the laptop to charge.
2. And yet, All I have seen is the "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen pops up and remains for 30 seconds then disappears. It's trapped in a Boot Loop.

Do you think it's hardware malfunction related?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

One more thing you can try if your laptop is displaying F1 to continue with rtc battery message try hitting various f/keys from f1 to f12 while booting when message appears or Try plugging an external keyboard into the laptop usb and try hitting F1 Etc.. does it say press f1 to continue?

Lord Snow

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

I get

**** RTC battery is low ****
Press ENTER to set Date/Time.
EHHTEjr.jpg

UamMOla.jpg

Lord Snow

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

After setting the Date/Time and Save.
It goes back to normal "Toshiba Leading Innovation" loading..

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
It seems you may have to take it to a toshiba repair centre to get your battery tested although I would have thought it should still boot after changing date and time and saving in bios? Maybe the hard drive has become faulty.

Here is the manual for your laptop if you have not already got it seems it should restart after setting the rtc in bios menu.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/763823/Toshiba-Satellite-L50-B.html?page=107#manual

Solution

mechamath

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

mechamath

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have the same issue with my toshiba satellite s50t-b laptop, already done the same things as Lord Snow, but the problem still there. I am taking it to the toshiba repair centre on Monday and let you know what happened.

mechamath

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
it was the hard drive failure; patch of hard drive corrupted. I reinstalled windows completely (lucky I had back up of my important stuff). It worked ok, then I opted to go for SD hard drive and using the old hard drive from the lap as an external drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.