Toshiba screen replacement C650-07J

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hey guys anyone know where I can get a Matte screen for a toshiba laptop model c650-07J

Not a $200 screen something like they sell on eBay for like $75.

I tried looking but can't really find any.

Anyone know?

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I've replaced mine and friends laptops screens and I've used these guys %99 of the time:

Screen Surgeons

http://www.screensurgeons.com/

They provide all the tools required (Small magnetic screwdrivers and tweezers) and will assist any replacement with phone and email support at least.

You can even opt for the glossy but I like the fact I have been able to "upgrade" (IMO) to matte from a previous glossy screen

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I should add that a couple of the systems I've replaced they had YouTube videos that showed exactly how to dismantle your laptop without breaking things. Or at least give you an idea if you can't find your exact model.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I noticed that too. I'm thinking it is the same screen. I emailed them to see if they have that model in stock. I would like the Matte version though I hope they have it!

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I've used these guys before too and they have a matte screen if not. The tools from screen surgeon is just super useful after the install as well. I use them at work all the time :)

I don't believe anything extra comes from these guys besides the warranty which is offered in both places

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Toshiba/SATELLITE~C650-07J/

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Yes but their prices are extortionist. I wouldn't pay $200 for a screen that everyone else sells at $70. Sadly the first website doesn't carry my model and every other site he gave me also does not carry it.

It can't be that no one has this model of laptop screen how hard can it possibly be to find this screen?? :\

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
So I bought the screen. Sadly the screen has a stuck (not dead) pixel straight out of the box. Called the company (Laptopscreen.com)
they pointed me to a program that is supposed to fix my stuck pixel. It didn't work (obviously)
I asked for a replacement screen. They said sure no problem but you have to pay for the shipping back.

The screen arrived in my house defective and I have to pay for the return shipping on their defective product.
I should have known better I should have asked if the screens were tested before being shipped out and what the return policy is.

Shipping out faulty products is so bad business.
Now I understand some screen manufacturers say you need to have a certain amount of faulty pixels before they will accept a return but come on it's defective OUT OF THE BOX.

Very disappointed in the fact that I have to pay the return shipping on their faulty screen.

Very disappointed.