Toshiba Synaptics Touchpad won't scroll up/down

Deshong

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Everything was working fine but then it just stopped working. I've had this problem before but it went away but I don't think this time that will happen. I've been to the mouse device settings yet it will not let me check vertical or horizontal scrolling. I click a million times but no check appears. The other option I want is greyed out which is scroll item under pointer.

Also when I click on Mouse under Control Panel it says:

Unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver. If you have installed another PS/2 pointing device driver please uninstall the synaptics driver by clicking on the yes button. You then need to reinstall your pointing device driver for your external device again. Do you want to uninstall the synaptics driver now? Yes/No

In which I choose no. And I have not installed any other pointing device.

Please tell there is a way to correct this? I find the scrolling feature useful.

Toshiba Qosmio X505-885
Win 7 64-Bit
8GB Ram
500 GB HDD
Nvidia Geforce GTS 360 M
Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz

Deshong

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Thank you for answering burdenbound. ^.^

I just solved it. See I had no business messing with services/start up programs in msconfig. Trying someones advice that it would help lag when playing a game. Was not sure if it would work but I tried System Restore and I'm so glad it did work.

I will remember though if I'm having an issue that is not my doing, to go to Toshiba's site and download the touchpad drivers. Thank you again.