Toshiba Ultrabook keeps going into sleep mode when in use

Jack10525

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello All,

I've got a Toshiba Satelitte E45W-C4200X. It has been working fine up until a few days ago. All of the sudden it randomly goes into sleep or stand by mode. I'll open the lid or tap a key to wake it up and open an internet browser. Once I try doing a search the screen goes black and the power light starts to blink. If I tap a key or close and open the lid it comes back on. I can't even use it right now. It just goes into sleep too fast. I just did a factory reset on the windows 10 OS but that did not seem to solve the issue. Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jack

Solution
Thank you for the suggestion. I thought it might have been software related because it just started happening all of the sudden. I reinstalled windows on this laptop. That did not do it. I then thought it might be a hardware issue. Maybe hdd or ram. I swapped both out since I had spares. Of course I had to reinstall windows again. I thought this fixed it because the issue seemed to go away. Well I was wrong it came back when I was using the laptop after work. So I am wearing my apple watch with a magnetic band and noticed when I rest my arm on the left side of the laptop it goes to sleep. Bingo!!!! It's a magnetic switch!!!!
So I really had no issue with the laptop. I got a new band for my apple watch a week or so ago!!!!

Jack10525

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Thank you for the suggestion. I thought it might have been software related because it just started happening all of the sudden. I reinstalled windows on this laptop. That did not do it. I then thought it might be a hardware issue. Maybe hdd or ram. I swapped both out since I had spares. Of course I had to reinstall windows again. I thought this fixed it because the issue seemed to go away. Well I was wrong it came back when I was using the laptop after work. So I am wearing my apple watch with a magnetic band and noticed when I rest my arm on the left side of the laptop it goes to sleep. Bingo!!!! It's a magnetic switch!!!!
So I really had no issue with the laptop. I got a new band for my apple watch a week or so ago!!!!

Solution