Toshiba won't boot from usb and hdd

Jeremy_Thomas

Estimable
May 30, 2015
I have toshiba satellite NB10-A

The problem start when i'm trying to install windows 7 using usb flash drive, it won't detect my usb, i have tried to change the Boot Order and my usb flash drive is listed in boot menu, but still it won't detect my usb. so i remove the hdd and install it from another laptop.it worked but in setup menu it says cannot install this windows version because something called GPT. so i delete all the partition and make a fresh install windows 7.

When done i insert the hdd into my toshiba satellite, my hdd is listed in BIOS but cannot boot from it. i though the problem was because the hdd become MBR format so i'm trying to install it back into windows 8 using usb flash drive, and i'm using software called rufus to make bootable usb, but still it won't detect my usb. all the option in rufus i have already tried but with no luck.

it always say "Reboot and select proper device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key", all the options in rufus i have already tried and it always give me that response, except when i'm using GPT partition scheme and using ntfs format in rufus my laptop says something like "UEFI failed error 14".

so i'm trying different method by using partition wizard bootable usb to get back my hdd in GPT format, it read my usb flash drive but stuck in resolution menu. so i remove the hdd again and tried it on different laptop and partition wizard worked. so i change my hdd back into GPT format and now my hdd is clean. when i put it back into my toshiba satellite it still say "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key" i've tried to install the windows 8 back using bootable usb, but the problem still persist it won't read my usb flash drives.

Please someone help me, how to fix my toshiba satellite NB10-A?

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Disable safe boot in your bios, save and reboot back into the bios. Change the boot priority to USB first enable legacy mode and try boot ovveride (if you have these settings try them)

Jeremy_Thomas

Estimable
May 30, 2015
hi reyaz123 thank you for answering. my boot priority already usb and safe boot is disabled. but i don't have legacy mode option in bios. already tried it using boot priority usb and safe boot disabled but still it didn't work . in bios my hdd and usb is listed but it won't boot. do you have another solution?

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
When booting up, keep pressing the esc key until it lists your boot options. Select the usb from there and if it is not detected, there must be a problem with one of your bios settings.

Edit: I was able to boot from my usb and I have these settings in my bios settings(check if you have them)

Make sure your usb is still connected before you enter the bios.
Under the boot tab, enable "launch csm"
Under the advanced tab, select usb configuration, and enable legacy usb support
My secure boot was disabled
Save settings and reboot

Jeremy_Thomas

Estimable
May 30, 2015
my laptop using F2 to enter bios and F10 to enter boot select , when i'm enter boot select i see my hdd and usb is listed, but still it can't boot it won't read my usb to boot.

it's very unlucky for me the options i found just secure boot. there isn't any csm or legacy usb.

Edit : is there anyway to update bios from usb?