Toshiba's 13-inch Tablet Has a Built-In TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

that would be great. Luv to have that if the price is reasonable. That would be great in terms of textbook replacement. Even iPad size of 9.7 isn't large enough. Android's 10.1 is barely better due to the 16:10 ratio. The diagonal of a standard size paper is 13.9, so 13.3 is going to be great.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I don't know why ALL computers don't have built in TVs AND full spectrum radios...as in AM, FM, weather band, short wave, long wave, citizen band, single side band, and marine band. Plus whatever I might have left out.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]I don't know why ALL computers don't have built in TVs AND full spectrum radios...as in AM, FM, weather band, short wave, long wave, citizen band, single side band, and marine band. Plus whatever I might have left out.[/citation]

Size? and the complete lack of the vast majority of people not giving a rip about CB radio? Ever wonder why truckers have a 6' tall antenna for their CB radios? packing all of those into a small case would be obnoxious!

G

I don't watch over-the-air TV anymore, nor do I even have a TV. Everything can be streamed over the Internet nowadays. For movies I use my 1080p projector :D

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jgutz2006[/nom]Size? and the complete lack of the vast majority of people not giving a rip about CB radio? Ever wonder why truckers have a 6' tall antenna for their CB radios? packing all of those into a small case would be obnoxious![/citation]

nonsense. A full spectrum radio receiver would be smaller than an mp3 player.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Looks like the ultimate comics reader I've been waiting. I was considering Samsung Galaxy 11.6 tab, but if Toshiba price is not too high, and it's not too heavy, I would buy it instead.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That's basically US letter size if we are talking 13" diagonally.
It's about as large as I'd want it, but I bet the weight of this monster
is going to be up there. Could be a deal breaker for some.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]nonsense. A full spectrum radio receiver would be smaller than an mp3 player.[/citation]

Good luck getting it to pick up anything past across the street >_

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I don't watch over-the-air TV anymore, nor do I even have a TV. Everything can be streamed over the Internet nowadays. For movies I use my 1080p projector

Got rid of my tv 20 + years ago. Never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.