Total Memory Slots on MSI GT62VR DOMINATOR PRO-239

drewex

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Hello all, I been seeing bios settings and some configuration settings with 4 memory slots on the msi. But when i watch the teardowns I only see 2 slots on the msi board. is there any other spot that has the memories.

note: fixed the title :p

drewex

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

lol on the sluts thing, it was late i wasn't paying much attention. I have it correctly on the text not the title,
Also I did just find this for a different model but probably the same setup. Which makes it great for upgrades for the future. Thx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkL5q1-K15s

How much RAM does your GT62VR currently have? The one video I found with the bottom off showed 2 slots, and they were both empty, meaning MSI most likely installs RAM in the two slots under the keyboard first. In any event, it would be nowhere nearly as easy to upgrade the RAM in the under keyboard slots as it is in the video you posted of a GT70. If memory serves, the keyboard deck on your GT62VR is one solid piece, isn't it? If so, the whole thing would need to be removed to gain access to the slots under the keyboard. Might not be REAL difficult, but certainly nowhere near as easy/fast as getting to the slots on the GT70 in the video.

drewex

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I don't have one yet.
I'm planning to buy a 32gb one, so I asked the seller if it is 2 X 16gb or 4x 8. The 2x16gb will give me option to upgrade without replacing the old ones. their website give options on it but not on amazon, I am gonna purchase thru amazon just because of their customer service for prime members is crazy good. anything goes wrong with the seller I can get amazon involved. :D

mr.mook.97.13

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
hi i just want to ask , what is the difference between dominator pro 239 & 238 ?
and i found in amazon cheaper offer from EXliperPC with more stuff , why is it cheaper ? or is it bad laptop ? . please answer my . thx