touch screen problem

nanonovice

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Samsung galaxy tab 3. Boots up but touch screen wont work. Checked all connections , tried the old "hold down power and volume buttons at the same time trick" several times but nothing. Any idea's before I take it out the back and attach it to the heavy end of a sledge hammer ?
Thanks

Solution
Well try a few things first. Try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if the touch screen works. If yes, then there is something on the device that is causing the problem (software/app/etc.)

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Do you have a screen protector or a case on the the tablet? If so, try removing one or both and see if that fixes it.

Also, if you haven't restarted the tablet in a while, it could be quite low on ram and this can lead to the problem you are having. Try turning it off. Leave it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on.

Another thing you can try, if you can get into it, try running the tablets calibration tool.

nanonovice

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016

nanonovice

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for the advice. I removed it from it's case first thing so no problem there. The only way I can get it to turn off is to pull the battery out which I did and when I replaced it about an hour later the problem was still there and I cant get it past the "swipe screen" part . When I hit to power button it will go to a blank screen like it's turning off but after a few seconds it will start booting up again even if I am holding the power button in. Might just recalibrate it with my trusty sledge hammer but thanks all the same.

Well try a few things first. Try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if the touch screen works. If yes, then there is something on the device that is causing the problem (software/app/etc.)

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution