Toyota Unveils Nintendo DS-Controlled Navigation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
would have been much better if you could use a phone instead ... who the hell buys a handheld gaming console just to control a car nav system. Also the DS is not really the most wide spread thing in this world ...

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Cool idea, I can see this possibly spreading to other mobile devices, such as tablets and smart phones, as well as other car companies looking into the idea. Would make programming your in car or add in GPS unit much easier. Find the places you want and upload to GPS unit via bluetooth.

G

You have been able to do this with OnStar GPS for a long time through Google maps on any device with a browser, or, better yet, just hit the blue button and tell the advisor where you're going

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]beoza[/nom]Cool idea, I can see this possibly spreading to other mobile devices, such as tablets and smart phones, as well as other car companies looking into the idea. Would make programming your in car or add in GPS unit much easier. Find the places you want and upload to GPS unit via bluetooth.[/citation]

My Hyundai with Blue Link does this now.............via smart phone, tablet, laptop or anything that can access the web.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Its cool. But the problem with these solutions and the reason why they never catch on is because, well, it only works with DS.

If this was expanded to work with any touchscreen device with minimal effort, then this is something that can set Toyota apart from the competitors.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
this is pathetic waste. 007 has had better for over a decade, he could drive his BMW with a DS before the DS was even invented!

Status
Not open for further replies.