Toys 'R' Us Taking Used Games, Even Old Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Like hell if I'll give them my old Intellivision cartridges (all in their original boxes, and all with the original control-pad inserts).
Maybe I can expand my collection with some classics my dad passed on the first time around (he did buy the console before I was born), but it doesn't sound like TRU plans on reselling these, probably just plan on scrapping them.

What I really need is a new RF converter, you know, that little box that took the RCA-output of the console and converted it into an RF signal to use the coax-in on the TV? The wires on mine are wearing out, though I suppose I have the skills and technology to re-wire the thing. I wonder if the RF converter from my NES will work on my Intellivision? I feel an experiment coming on.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I wonder if the RF converter from my NES will work on my Intellivision? I feel an experiment coming on.
yes it will work. It even did on my COCO2. Just don't plug your TV Cable on the switcher; I believe the signal sent by these old consoles don't make the autoswitcher actually switch :)

G

Tell you what... you find a 32-bit Sega Genesis, and I'll pay you a $1,000,000.

Why?

There is no 32-bit Sega Genesis! 16-bit flavors only. Best you can do for that era is the 32X. An add-on.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
How many people would have the original packaging and artwork from old games? And how are they going to determine values? And lastly, anyone that does meet the described qualifications and has older games isn't likely to part with them as they probably kept it all in that condition for a reason.

G

Wasn't the Sega Genesis 16-bit? Or was there a 32 Sega Genesis that I was never aware of?

G

"...any Toys "R" Us or Babies "R" Us location..."

Sweet, I can trade in my old games for that Onesie and rattle I've always wanted ~_^

G

@hellwig:
Since they want the original packaging and artwork, I doubt they are just going to discard the older games. However, anyone with older games in such good condition will get a far better return on eBay or at a collectors convention of some sort.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This will be good competition for Gamestop if they actually resell the games!

If they resell the real oldies it could be a good way for collectors to take advantage of people who think all old games are worthless and a company that can't keep track of eBay prices. >:)

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]pito[/nom]RyldeGive me my money. Do your reseach before you open your mouth(type)smarty pants. here is the Sega 32x is a 32bit system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_32X[/citation]

the 32X does not qualify as a system it is an add-on. but a million dollars to the person who can find me the Sega Neptune prototype console. that was supposed to be a version of the genesis with 32x integrated

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Major7Up[/nom]How many people would have the original packaging and artwork from old games? [/citation]
I've got the original packaging and instruction manuals for most of my GameBoy games all the way back to the Color. Now that most games come in plastic clamshells, I foresee even more people keeping that stuff around instead of chucking it.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]How many people would have the original packaging and artwork from old games? And how are they going to determine values? And lastly, anyone that does meet the described qualifications and has older games isn't likely to part with them as they probably kept it all in that condition for a reason.[/citation]
Me, going back to the first Nintendo to the Gamecube (Nintendo was the only brand of console and games i bought) except for a game or 2 i bought used. You would probably get more from them if you sold them on Ebay. Metroid Prime i got free with the Gamecube and still trying to defeat the Prime boss. Boxing and football games are the reason i bought the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.