Shawkins

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
his morning I tried to log into my laptop but I found I couldnt move the cursor with the trackpad. If I am in a window and try to move the cursor with the trackpad, it acts as if I am pressing TAB and cycles through buttons in the window. I found if I apply a huge amount of pressure to the trackpad, the cursor will move but it will also press left click as my trackpad isnt seperated from the buttons, causing all sorts of trouble. Plugging in an external mouse works with no issue, but with my laptop on my lap and not a desk, there isnt much space to use a mouse. I am on Windows 8.1 (awaiting my Windows 10 upgrade :D) and its a Toshiba Satellite L50D-B. Any help greatly appreciated :D

Solution
Here's what you can do regarding that issue. First you need to use the USB mouse to these steps.

1. Go to Toshiba's support site to download the latest driver for your touchpad. http://support.toshiba.com/support/drivers
2. Enter the model number or serial number of your laptop located in a sticker normally located underneath it.
3. On the bottom left pane you have a list of drivers for your laptop select Touchpad and you might get 2 result as ElanTouch Pad Driver and Synaptics ToushPad Driver try each one of them since I don't the exact details of your laptop.
4. Download and install the driver the make sure to reboot the PC every install for all your changes to take effect.
Here's what you can do regarding that issue. First you need to use the USB mouse to these steps.

1. Go to Toshiba's support site to download the latest driver for your touchpad. http://support.toshiba.com/support/drivers
2. Enter the model number or serial number of your laptop located in a sticker normally located underneath it.
3. On the bottom left pane you have a list of drivers for your laptop select Touchpad and you might get 2 result as ElanTouch Pad Driver and Synaptics ToushPad Driver try each one of them since I don't the exact details of your laptop.
4. Download and install the driver the make sure to reboot the PC every install for all your changes to take effect.

Solution