Transfer everything including home screen to new tablets

avocadoedp

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I work at a school and we have a tablet we use for student data, attendance, behavior apps, and things like that. We have folders set up on our nexus 7 home screen with medication, allergies, and things like that. We recently for 5 new tablets that we need to set up the exact same. Is there a way we can completely clone the old tablet to the new ones without spending hours setting each one up? Either via USB cable, flash drive, app, wifi, whatever. I just really don't want to go through the whole process for each tablet again and again to get them exactly like the original one we have.

Solution
I don't think you can clone it. You can shorten the work load if you fist instill any apps you need on each tablet. That has to be one individually. Then, once those are done, you can move on to the data from the first tablet.

Connect that first tablet to a computer via USB cord and copy all the files you need to duplicate into a blank folder(s) on the computer. Once you have them copied, disconnect that tablet and connect the first one you need to copy to. Then using the USB connection, copy all those files/folders from the computer to the new tablet. Then repeat for each of the new tablets.

While this will take a 'little' effort, it is probably the shortest route to go.
I don't think you can clone it. You can shorten the work load if you fist instill any apps you need on each tablet. That has to be one individually. Then, once those are done, you can move on to the data from the first tablet.

Connect that first tablet to a computer via USB cord and copy all the files you need to duplicate into a blank folder(s) on the computer. Once you have them copied, disconnect that tablet and connect the first one you need to copy to. Then using the USB connection, copy all those files/folders from the computer to the new tablet. Then repeat for each of the new tablets.

While this will take a 'little' effort, it is probably the shortest route to go.

Solution