transfer photos etc from sd card of phone that don't work to computor

Josephine_4

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I have an old cell phone that has a bad battery and won't allow the phone to turn on. I don't want to use the phone I just want to retrieve the data off the Micro SD card. How can I do this?

Solution
If you have a laptop, chances are you have an SD Card slot. Many printers come complete with a slot for printing photos from a camera's card. The card in a phone is a lot smaller than that standard and is known as a Micro SD Card. Pull that from the phone, buy a carrier which holds it and allows you to use it in that larger slot and it becomes a simple copy and paste process.

Use Copy and Paste rather than Cut and Paste. That way, you retain the data on the card for when you buy another phone.
If you have a laptop, chances are you have an SD Card slot. Many printers come complete with a slot for printing photos from a camera's card. The card in a phone is a lot smaller than that standard and is known as a Micro SD Card. Pull that from the phone, buy a carrier which holds it and allows you to use it in that larger slot and it becomes a simple copy and paste process.

Use Copy and Paste rather than Cut and Paste. That way, you retain the data on the card for when you buy another phone.

Solution