transfer photos to sd card

davelou3

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note S8 tablet with a 32g sd card. Ive purchased a Samsung USB connector. My camera is a Sony DSC-H7 with a Lexar Memory Stick ProDuo. How to I transfer my photos directly to my tablet sd card. I plan on taking 100's of photos, and wish to store them in my sd card directly. I was told I could do this from Best Buy when I purchased the tablet. I really need this to work.
Thank you.

Solution
It looks like, if you have the USB cable, you should be able to connect a USB card reader to the USB cable and read the memory stick. You will have to remove the memory stick from the camera to do this, but it looks like it should work. You will want to remember to UNMOUNT the memory stick each time you are done copying files. The standard file manager on the tablet should be able to copy the files to the SD card.

kanewolf

Judicious
It looks like, if you have the USB cable, you should be able to connect a USB card reader to the USB cable and read the memory stick. You will have to remove the memory stick from the camera to do this, but it looks like it should work. You will want to remember to UNMOUNT the memory stick each time you are done copying files. The standard file manager on the tablet should be able to copy the files to the SD card.

Solution

davelou3

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. I am aware that I can connect a USB card reader to the USB cable and read the memory stick. I don't have a problem figuring out how to transfer my photos to the tablet. I have difficulty with how to save my photos from my Sony camera directly to the sd card and not in the tablet. How do I change my settings in my tablet? I could not find File Manager, I could only find Application Manager.

Thanks again.