Transferring Laptop parts to a new Laptop

dash3461

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
So I have a Lenovo IdeaPad U400, 14 inch, 2.4GHZ x4 (2nd Gen), Core i5, 8GB RAM DDR, 500 GB HDD, DVD RW, Windows 7 home premium,Wireless LAN + GIGABIT. And I want to buy a Lenovo Flex 2 15D, 15.6 Inch touch screen laptop,AMD A6-6310, 1.80GHz Processor with 2.40GHz Max Turbo, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, 15.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlight Display with 10-Point Multi-Touch, and Windows 8.1. I was wondering what parts I could Transfer from the Lenovo IdeaPad to the Lenovo Flex? Or should I just Fix my Old Lenovos Case (which has taken some drop damage) by buying a whole new casing? The insides work perfectly except the casing makes it difficult to operate. The Bottom is coming off so I have to tape it all together, and its cracked on the joint that connects the screen to the rest of the key board, so I have to open it up slowly so it dose not crack more.

Solution
About the only thing you could use would be the hard drive and I'm not sure how many hard drive bays the Flex has. If the IdeaPad isn't worth fixing, you might sell it on Ebay, as it will still bring good money for a parts machine.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
About the only thing you could use would be the hard drive and I'm not sure how many hard drive bays the Flex has. If the IdeaPad isn't worth fixing, you might sell it on Ebay, as it will still bring good money for a parts machine.

Solution

R_1

Estimable
Herald
aside from the hdd, the optical can be removed. the RAM if its compatible with the new unit.
if the machine is in such bad shape I would get another, but I would repurpose the old one as a router/firewall/nas. those are mostly setup once and leave alone, I think the laptop would lbe ideal in that role. I hate to see a machine go unused.