Trapped Chilean Miners Receive Sony PSPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
"A diagram of the mine can be found here. Currently the miners are unaware of the possible three to four month stay underground."

Seems sort of rude to withhold information like that. Personally, if I was stuck in a hole, I'd like to know just how long the people trying to get me out thought the process was going to take.

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
So it seems as if 3-4
months will have to pass
and currently the miners don't
really know
that it will take that long? Yikes!

Are the
new psp's capable of wifi 2300 feet
down? They might get news that it will take 3-4 months!

With all respect for the miners trapped
in the mine, I do hope
they make it out soon
to see their families and
young ones!

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Man.. I would really hate to be down there.. Even with all the stuff they are giving them.. That mine might collapse or something as they are drilling the new hole.. Hope they come out alright though.. With so much support I figure they will be fine..

G

that's pretty f'd up that they haven't told them how long its gonna take

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
"Currently the miners are unaware of the possible three to four month stay underground."

It's not true, they are aware it could take until Christmas.

But there is also another piece of hi-tech equipment that is on its' way (still going to take 4 days to get there) that is going to try and enlarge the current path they are using to get them supplies big enough (60 cm) to pull them up one by one.

But even this procedure, if successful, will take around a month to complete. And then it will take 5 hours to pull each miner up - one at a time - they are 700m deep.

G

"In addition to the PSP units, the miners will also receive flashlights, playing cards, MP3 players"

LOL I thought they sent em fleshlights. Hahahahahaha

G

"A cable to provide electrical power and fiber optic communications may also be dropped down into the mines."

Seriously? Fiber optic?

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
.. in the same way Mother Teresa was greedy, she was just being charitable to promote herself, then yes, I agree.

I hope they're out soon. However, a mine excavation to save lives is something you can't rush.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
They could lower a WIFI router into the mine and just run a wire from the router to a modem above ground to get internet access for a PSP or a laptop or any other WIFI device down there.

If I was stuck down there I'd want internet access at the very least so I could IM and e-mail ad read the news sites and everything else..

What the hell else are they going to do until they get out anyway?

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I can tell by these comments that most of you aren't married. I would have traded anything to be stuck down there if I were still stuck with that psycho witch. ;)

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]They could lower a WIFI router into the mine and just run a wire from the router to a modem above ground to get internet access for a PSP or a laptop or any other WIFI device down there.If I was stuck down there I'd want internet access at the very least so I could IM and e-mail ad read the news sites and everything else..What the hell else are they going to do until they get out anyway?[/citation]

That'd be great. They could write blogs then.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
LOL, a bunch of grown up dudes that worked their lives in mines are now being trained to be gamers. At least they'll be able to beat games that I don't even have the time to even play. Next thing you know, they'll be leaving the mines to go to a local gaming store to buy consoles.

applegotmelaid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Next Article: To cope with the isolation of his office desk, trapped American IT Pro received Tom's Hardware i7 gaming rig to keep entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.