Travel Alarms

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have a
problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have many
birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the reminders in
Outlook.

Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting or
with a 3rd party app?

Hugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Take a look at http://www.electricpocket.com/bugme-ppc/

Maybe it will help you.

--
********************************************************
Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
********************************************************
"HPN" <hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au> wrote in message
news:mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have a
>problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have many
>birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the reminders
>in Outlook.
>
> Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting
> or with a 3rd party app?
>
> Hugh
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

In article <mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au says...
> I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have a
> problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have many
> birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the reminders in
> Outlook.
>
> Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting or
> with a 3rd party app?
>
> Hugh
>
>
>
Might want to look at StopTime at http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/
Makes a great alarm clock and stop watch.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Stoptime has up to 8 daily alarms, snooze functions, you can set each alarm
for particular days, choose the volume, and more (timer, reminders, .....)
Well worth the cost (free)

Thank you to Jonathan Sachs.
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/#StopTime%202.0

The scientific calculator is good too.



"HPN" <hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au> wrote in message
news:mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have a
> problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have
many
> birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the reminders
in
> Outlook.
>
> Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting
or
> with a 3rd party app?
>
> Hugh
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

And if you don't mind the small cost http://www.pocketmax.net/alarmToday.htm
has an alarm function and lots more- it shows appointments on the today
screen, quick mute function, links to calendar items and Pocket Informant if
you have it. Worth the fee.



"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:cm7aom$df2$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Stoptime has up to 8 daily alarms, snooze functions, you can set each
alarm
> for particular days, choose the volume, and more (timer, reminders, .....)
> Well worth the cost (free)
>
> Thank you to Jonathan Sachs.
> http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/#StopTime%202.0
>
> The scientific calculator is good too.
>
>
>
> "HPN" <hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au> wrote in message
> news:mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have
a
> > problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have
> many
> > birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the
reminders
> in
> > Outlook.
> >
> > Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting
> or
> > with a 3rd party app?
> >
> > Hugh
> >
> >
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thanks for the advice, I'm trying a few different options at the moment.

Hugh

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:cm7b1u$mhc$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> And if you don't mind the small cost
> http://www.pocketmax.net/alarmToday.htm
> has an alarm function and lots more- it shows appointments on the today
> screen, quick mute function, links to calendar items and Pocket Informant
> if
> you have it. Worth the fee.
>
>
>
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:cm7aom$df2$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Stoptime has up to 8 daily alarms, snooze functions, you can set each
> alarm
>> for particular days, choose the volume, and more (timer, reminders,
>> .....)
>> Well worth the cost (free)
>>
>> Thank you to Jonathan Sachs.
>> http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/#StopTime%202.0
>>
>> The scientific calculator is good too.
>>
>>
>>
>> "HPN" <hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au> wrote in message
>> news:mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> > I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but
>> > have
> a
>> > problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have
>> many
>> > birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the
> reminders
>> in
>> > Outlook.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device
>> > setting
>> or
>> > with a 3rd party app?
>> >
>> > Hugh
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

alarmToday is very flexible and I have found the author to be very
receptive to suggestions. Being a very satisfied customer is the only
relationship I have with the software/author.

I do the following:

A) Have alarmToday do an automatic System mute set for my
PDA from 11 PM to 5 AM.

B) I have alarmToday wake me every weekday morning at 5:30
to live streaming foreign news from the Internet (my PDA has WIFI).
Alternatively, you could have it use the regular PPC
alarm sounds or have it load a local music file...

Having the system mute was very important to me, because
I have Sprite Backup do automated backed every night.
The backups complete with a soft reset. A soft reset has
a loud bing to it and it would wake me up! Actually,
while waiting for the system mute funtion to be developed,
I replaced the sound it uses for the soft reset, with a
silent audio file...

I also use alarmToday to have it automatically clean up
temp files. It also allows for repeating alarms. It allows
alarms to be at a different volume than the system volume.
It has an optional 'snooze' button for 'waking to music'
and it has the WM2003 wakeup bug fix...

Years ago I only used StopTime for the linked stopwatch
capabilities, so I can't tell you how it compares for alarm....
I just looked at their website and it says that there
MAY be an issue with WM2003 and mentions alarmToday and another
freeware WM2003 wakeup fix, which may or may not fix the problem....
I have WM2003SE so I can't test it to see....

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cm7b1u$mhc$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> And if you don't mind the small cost http://www.pocketmax.net/alarmToday.htm
> has an alarm function and lots more- it shows appointments on the today
> screen, quick mute function, links to calendar items and Pocket Informant if
> you have it. Worth the fee.
>
>
>
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:cm7aom$df2$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Stoptime has up to 8 daily alarms, snooze functions, you can set each
> alarm
> > for particular days, choose the volume, and more (timer, reminders, .....)
> > Well worth the cost (free)
> >
> > Thank you to Jonathan Sachs.
> > http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/#StopTime%202.0
> >
> > The scientific calculator is good too.
> >
> >
> >
> > "HPN" <hpn@mirani.org.nospam.au> wrote in message
> > news:mglhd.6382$K7.3612@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > I would like to use my PDA2K as an alarm clock while travelling but have
> a
> > > problem with other reminders etc going off while I am asleep as I have
> many
> > > birthdays etc synced with Outlook. I don't want to turn off the
> reminders
> in
> > > Outlook.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have only the alarm sound either with a device setting
> or
> > > with a 3rd party app?
> > >
> > > Hugh
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Daniel Rosenzweig" <danr_18@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7d7dc078.0411061835.3ebf987e@posting.google.com...

> Years ago I only used StopTime for the linked stopwatch
> capabilities, so I can't tell you how it compares for alarm....
> I just looked at their website and it says that there
> MAY be an issue with WM2003 and mentions alarmToday and another
> freeware WM2003 wakeup fix, which may or may not fix the problem....
> I have WM2003SE so I can't test it to see....
>

But it is free, it costs nothing to try. FWIW it had no problems on my
WM2003 machine, just the stopwatch running at whatever pace it wanted,
getting worse as more instances were ran. I've seen that issue on other
stopwatch products and similar manual adjustment systems. Not recommended
for any accurate timings.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Windows Phone 0
S Windows Phone 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY