Trent Reznor: Zuckerburg Is No Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gromann

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Trent Reznor has recently gone from a seeming intellectual to more and more of a Sheepish brooder. Definitely the head of the 'im cool cause i bash' crowd while compromising his message of 'openness' for steve jobs' salted scrotum. Granted, Zukerburg is an asshole, but he did earn his titles.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
"He was in the right place, at the right time, with a functional tool."

Isn't that how most things become popular and famous? See a need and fill it when it's most needed and you are rich.

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
So he's not Steve, he made more money faster and far younger than Steve. So when you say he's not Steve, are you implying this is a good or bad thing?

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]swiftsword69[/nom]nobody else can be steve jobs. Steve jobs is a god[/citation]

I hope to god you're kidding, lmao.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Yeah he's right. Steve Jobs doesn't call MAC, iPhone, iPod or iPad users dumbf#cks![/citation]
Not to the public anyway.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
It's called a ho, when NIN says it sucks, until you pay them, then guess who's doing all the sucking? You can call them whatever you want to, they'll only say nice things & do whatever you tell them to do. ;-)

G

@MeanSquare

You didn't know apple cloned Steve Jobs as a fail-safe just in case he doesn't achieve immortality the company wont go down the toilet, they refer to him as Steve Jobs 2G

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
The point is, Steve, while seemingly a douche actually tries to innovate, but then blows it by smothering users with rules, restrictions, and being a general control freak then an a$$ when people call him on it.

I don't really see how Facebook is revolutionary different from Myspace, and it wasn't that long ago that everyone was on myspace and saying facewhat? Remember when it was "student only" website? It gained traction because it was elitist, that's all. It's a fad in a culture obsessed with fads, and it too will be out of style when the next "big thing" hits.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I'm inclined to agree with Reznor. Zuckerberg lacks charisma and ability to brainwash his followers. Most people now use Facebook not because it's better, but because most their friends are on there and refuse to leave.

In short, Zuckerberg is akin to an "one-hit wonder".

psychotek71

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
SURE MARK Zuckerberg and Steve jobs are the same they are both
thieves ..stole other idea's

just look me in the eye's and tell me
i'm wrong

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Yeah he's right. Steve Jobs doesn't call MAC, iPhone, iPod or iPad users dumbf#cks![/citation]

Because he doesn't need to tell them what they are.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]You need a turtleneck to be steve jobs.[/citation]
LOL I couldn't say it better myself mate.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Trent isn't the ex-frontman for nine inch nails....you can't be an frontman when the ONLY official member of nine inch nails is Trent. Trent IS NIN. He only has a band when he tours, all his recordings are mostly if not completely done by himself.

But ya i agree that Zuckerburg isn't steve jobs 2.0... and that's a good thing. at least some facebook users can think independently and quit facebook if they feel compelled to.

Status
Not open for further replies.