Tri-slot screw head in Fuji camera

TheMega

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
I have a Fuji camera with a selector switch problem that I could probably fix IF I could take the unit apart. However, I do not have a screwdriver to fix a triple slot screw and can not find what the screwdriver is called to search where to order one (called electronix store and they had no idea what I was talking about). The screw head is a normal circle with a perfectly even 'Y' in it. Anyone know what it is called? Thanks

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The screw head is a proprietary driver as it doesn't it doesn't exist at electronics store.

You may ask Fuji if they can sell you the screw driver but I doubt they will.

You may just create your own or have it fix at Fuji.

thegiroman

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Don't know if you ever solved this, but I recently had the same problem. I used my Dremel to shave a milimeter or two off of my 1.4mm screwdriver blade, and it was just enough to allow it to fit into 2 of the 3 sides of the slot and take out the screws.

bobolinko

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009

if you could, please tell me what type blade of screwdriver you modified to remove those screws. I have the same screws and need to remove them to replace a display from a non-working camera to a camera that works. I will gladly sacrifice a screwdriver to get those $%^#% screws off! you can e-mail me with your response directly, if you choose to. My e-mail is bwhite@thebus.org. Thank you, and as we say here in Hawaii,

Mahalo Nui Loa ! :hello:

thegiroman

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009

I replied to the forum, but I don't see it posted, so I'll reply again. The screwdriver I used was a basic "precision" or "electronic" driver out of a Radio Shack set of 6. Very cheap. I used a rotary tool to shave a millimeter or two off of the side of the smallest (1.4mm) standard flat blade. It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to get the screws out and back in again.

turksdreamer

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I MIGHT have found the answer to all our camera problems !!!!! Look for 'TRI-WING' screwdrivers. Apparently they are used on WIIs, DS, & other electronics, as well as cell phones. I found them on Ebay for $2+ & on many other sites, along with Sears & more. Some are in sets, some in singles. I hope this helps !!!!!! :pt1cable: :bounce: :pt1cable: :hello:

teak23macparts

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I carry these Twiwing screwdrivers on my website in multiple quality grades, from economy to pro - teak23macparts.com (also available in our 9pc & 12pc Electronics repair kits). I hope this helps some of you guys out.

andrewballa

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
me too,manage to unscrew my camera by just using a small standard screw driver and screw.thanks
6.gif