Trouble Connecting Second Screen through USB-C Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAMAGExCONTROLx

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a new work laptop (HP Pavilion 15-CC505TU) that i would like to set up with duel screens when at use at my desk. It only has one HDMI output but it also has a USB-C connection that i have been told will work as a display output.

The monitors only both one HDMI and one VGA input. One is hooked up fine to the HDMI port, the other is hooked up from USB-C to HDMI using a USB-C to HDMI adapter.

The straight HDMI connection works fine as an extended screen, the USB-C connection produces a windows error when connected that pops up in the corner saying "Try improving the USB connection. DisplayPort connection might not work. Try using a different cable.".

So I then went and got another brand of USB-C to HDMI converter. This also produces this error. Possibly some settings or additional software/drivers i can look into? Or is the converters i have been supplied not comparable?

Any advice on where to look next would be greatly appreciated!

Additional Information:

Laptop PC
Brand/Model: HP Pavilion 15-CC505TU
Memory: 8GB
Disk Drive: 256GB M.2 SSD
Display: 15.6" diagonal
Processor: 7th Generation Intel core i5 processer.
Graphics: Intel HD graphics 620

Adapters

Endeavour
USB-C to HDMI Adapter
Model 160001

Digitech Computer
USB 3.0 Type C to HDMI Converter
Model XC-4965

Jun 15, 2021
Same issue here. I have an HP laptop with one HDMI port and one USB-c and I want to connect two monitors. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Bought a 2 in 1 HDMI adapter. Does not work. I read through the forums and I thought the issue is I may have bought an hdmi switch instead of a splitter
  2. I went to a store and asked for an HDMI splitter. The employee told me that having a splitter would not allow both monitors to function at the same time.
  3. Bought a USB-c to HDMI adapter. The monitor is not working.

Any help on how I can make this work?

Here are my laptop's specifications

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c06711199

Status
Not open for further replies.