Trouble connecting Sony Bravia TV to Dennon A r E400

Wsimps

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
I'm trying to connect my new Sony Bravia Tv to my existing Dennon AR E400 system. I plugged the HDMI cable in the correct HDMI input on the tv and then put the other end into the correct input on the Dennon system(the same input that was used on the previous tv)and I keep getting a message that says no input detected and only the sound works through the surround system, but no picture. The Dennon system was working perfectly when we replaced the tv. When we plug the HDMI directly to the cable box we get a picture but not with our surround sound. Help we want both!

fastcountach

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
The HDMI cable on the Denon receiver should be plugged into an OUTPUT not an INPUT.

The video signal comes into the cable box from the coaxial cable, goes out of the cable box on the HDMI and into the Denon (on an INPUT), then out of the Denon (on an OUTPUT) and into the TV.

I would also note, there is more than one way to hookup an entertainment center with surround sound. If all you have is TV, Cable box, and Receiver (Denon), then two HDMI cables should get it done.

fastcountach

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
The HDMI cable on the Denon receiver should be plugged into an OUTPUT not an INPUT.

The video signal comes into the cable box from the coaxial cable, goes out of the cable box on the HDMI and into the Denon (on an INPUT), then out of the Denon (on an OUTPUT) and into the TV.

I would also note, there is more than one way to hookup an entertainment center with surround sound. If all you have is TV, Cable box, and Receiver (Denon), then two HDMI cables should get it done.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
KatTech Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 6
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 9