trouble using usb wireless mouse

Jul 9, 2018
I have a ASUS x55c laptop I'm trying to use a usb wireless mouse. I've tried 3 so far. They work for a few minutes and then stop. I've tried every fix I've read but nothing works. I tried them on my Chromebook and same thing happens. Is there a certain mouse I need to use?

Aug 6, 2018
The SOLUTION I found, was not in control panel (windows), or settings (Ubuntu)- But somehow the problems fix- migrates to BIOS (imho because bios is like end of the road/last place an issue can go).
I NEVER switched any settings in BIOS, but it seems- its the only way to fix (some).
The "power saving" features/settings in our 'frontends' (part of operating system we actually see- on our screens. A.K.A. gui (graphical user interface) in Linux systems. Although I've only seen term- gui used for the utilities ir programs we use. The tools or software...
Lots of reasons and different issues exist for faulty usb mice. Just observe EXACTLY what its doung or not doing- and google. Someone always has an anawer. Espww here at Tomsguide!