troubleshoot fisher amplifier

corenter

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I recently contacted you about a speaker problem,however after further research I discovered a fuse had blown inside the amplifier.Originally this Fisher amplifier CA-880 was operating with one channel.The meter level indicated the second source output working.I thought it was the speaker only.So, I ordered the fuse for the inside section of the amplifier,I removed the housing,inserted the new fuse,replaced the housing.But,when I lifted the unit I heard a sound like something had dislodged.I connected the unit,now I have no power ar all.What happened? The amplifier was operating even with the blown fuse inside.Now it's dead!!! Please help me determine how opening the housing to replace a fuse could have caused a complete shut-down of the power source.

Solution
You are going to have to get into the amp and see if you can find what dislodged (power transformer perhaps). If the transformer is disconnected you would have a dead unit.
Replacing the blown fuse may not solve your original problem. If there is a problem with one channel of the amp or the speaker and wire connected to that channel the fuse is supposed to blow. Disconnect the speakers before you power it up and make sure the fuse hasn't blown again. If it has then there is a problem internal to the amp. If it doesn't blow then turn it off, reconnect the speakers and try it again. If the fuse blows now there is a short in the speaker wire or a problem in the speaker itself.
You are going to have to get into the amp and see if you can find what dislodged (power transformer perhaps). If the transformer is disconnected you would have a dead unit.
Replacing the blown fuse may not solve your original problem. If there is a problem with one channel of the amp or the speaker and wire connected to that channel the fuse is supposed to blow. Disconnect the speakers before you power it up and make sure the fuse hasn't blown again. If it has then there is a problem internal to the amp. If it doesn't blow then turn it off, reconnect the speakers and try it again. If the fuse blows now there is a short in the speaker wire or a problem in the speaker itself.

Solution

corenter

Commendable
May 4, 2016