try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will sav

JACK212

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
I have a Rebel xti and upgraded to Windows 7 and now my photos won't upload to the computer. I tried to find the suggestion given;

"try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1"

Where is this selection on my camera? I looked in the menu and went all through it don't see any such option.

Solution

With most card readers you simply plug it into a USB port and after it is recognized you put the CF card from the camera into the appropriate card slot and it should give you a popup on the screen. It will treat the CF card as another drive and you can copy and paste your pictures from it.

The model number is usually on the front of the camera. Does the camera look like the one here:http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B000I1ZWRC

The user manual for the XTi and the XTi 400D is the same manual so I'm guessing you don't have the PTP option.

You can find a CF card reader on Amazon or Newegg or the online retailer or store of your choice.

Did you see the links in a post above to possible places to purchase a card reader? A card reader may be your best choice. You can check the Canon site, if you haven't already, to see about updated software for the camera.

With most card readers you simply plug it into a USB port and after it is recognized you put the CF card from the camera into the appropriate card slot and it should give you a popup on the screen. It will treat the CF card as another drive and you can copy and paste your pictures from it.

Solution