Solved! Trying to connect laptop to tv through hdmi

Feb 13, 2020
I’m trying to connect a dell laptop to an element tv. I used an HDMI cord first and it wouldn’t recognize it, second I tried a vga cable. It would not make the handshake and recognize it. I’ve tried all the things ppl say to do such as power down both devices, turning them on at different times, updating the drivers, going into the graphics settings, etc. No matter what I do It won’t seem to recognize it. The thing that find peculiar is that I can see the tv in the graphics settings but there’s no signal on the tv itself. Also the screen on the laptop doesn’t go blank for a second when I hook it up like it normally would. My other laptop connects to the tv fine and my other tv connects to the laptop in question fine but the two that I’m trying to connect can’t seem to make the handshake. Plz help!

Solution
Ive tried that under the windows display settings and it says the display settings could not be saved which makes sense because it also says it didnt detect another display within those settings. In the intel UHD control panel it does detect another display but i still get no signal.

Check for newer video card drivers from the laptop vendor support site, as well as a BIOS update if there is one. I have seen dual displays not work due to driver issues.
Feb 13, 2020
Are you sure that the TV screen is just blank because you did not move anything to it? Is it setup to duplicate or extend the display?
Ive tried that under the windows display settings and it says the display settings could not be saved which makes sense because it also says it didnt detect another display within those settings. In the intel UHD control panel it does detect another display but i still get no signal.

Check for newer video card drivers from the laptop vendor support site, as well as a BIOS update if there is one. I have seen dual displays not work due to driver issues.

Solution