Trying to convince a friend he will get caught...

Lukas Keizer

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
MY friend bought some "auto clicker" software to go around his website and click on ads. He thinks that he's gonna get rich without having to do anything, but I told him he is gonna get caught. He will right? To me it kinda seem like online fraud. He is determined so I need some help explaining why he's gonna get caught before he gets in trouble. Thanks

Solution
Tell your friend that every time an ad is clicked, the computer sends it's current IP Address to the advertising company. If they see hundreds or thousands of clicks from the same IP Address, they'll consider the matter a breach of contract. At best, they'll terminate any contracts they have with him. At worst, they'll file fraud claims against him and he'll lose thousands in court.

-Wolf sends
Tell your friend that every time an ad is clicked, the computer sends it's current IP Address to the advertising company. If they see hundreds or thousands of clicks from the same IP Address, they'll consider the matter a breach of contract. At best, they'll terminate any contracts they have with him. At worst, they'll file fraud claims against him and he'll lose thousands in court.

-Wolf sends

Solution

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
well, i made some money off autoclicker back in the day, but that was when we installed software that showed ads and paid us for watching them and clicking on a few of them...

but, if you use it to generate clicks on your own site, it tracks the ip from which the click originated. it also tracks the number of computers access the site, it also tracks unique visits and it tracks the clicks and even some browsing habits of the people who go to his site.
not to mention there is a quote of how much people usually click ads, once you go above it, you're accused of cheating and even get your account suspended - happened on a site i was a forum mod on, people clicked ads like crazy to help the site revenue only to see it nearly banned and cut off one of its money sources.