Trying to discern what tablet to get.

Fatal_Wound

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Hello all,

So currently, I'm a sophomore in college. I've got myself a nice built desktop that I'm more than happy with, but I find myself wishing I've got something to use in class for notetaking (*cough*and sometimes browsing if the teacher is bad*cough*). Right now, I've got no knowledge of the tablet market... I've seen the iPad a ton, and know that's not what I want/need. I've already got an iPhone 5... I don't need a bigger version of that. The Surface seems to match what I'm looking for, but I also see the Transformer as a similar option. I can't help but notice the praise the Nexus 7 is getting either. Ideally, I'd like a Windows based experience with multi-window functions but I'm open to other alternatives like the Nexus.

Alright then Toms Hardware... Convince me!

Edit: the ASUS TF700T seems pretty swell as well. So many options! My budget is 600$, but I can spend a bit more if need be. OK... Go!

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Fatal, have you made a decision yet? I see that nobody's responded here and I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want an iPad, but I also don't want to spend $600. I've been contemplating a surface and the Nexus 7 as well. Where do you stand right now?

Fatal_Wound

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

I ended up pulling the trigger on the surface and it's great for what I need it for. It lacks apps (the app store is pretty lacking in good apps), but for school/classes/surfing it's great. Feels great to use, the UI/multitasking all work well, and it's very smooth.

TRENDING THREADS