Trying to DJ Wit A Subwoofer

Jul 27, 2018
I have a basic DJ setup with a digital controller, 2 channel amp, and 2 loudspeakers. I added a Behringer Ultralgraph equalizer with built in crossover and subwoofer output. Since I have new speakers that fall short in the bass delivery department I decided to add a subwoofer. I connected the XLR out from the Ultragraph and with the same cable went into the mono (bridged) input of another amp (it doesn't matter what kind because I tried a couple). The signal from the Ultragraph subwoofer output is so low that it is useless.
I'm wondering if I can safely split the signal from the controller master output with one R & L going to my main amp and the other to another amp which is going to power the big subwoofer speaker (even though no crossover is provided? Equally, I am curious about using the through output on each speaker to feed the pseudo sub amp?
I would appreciate some help since I cannot afford additional equipment and I only want to make my DJ sets more danceable with bass.

Solution
Make sure that the cable from the EQ sub out is connected to the correct input on the bridged amp and that the speakers are connected to the correct speaker terminals (usually both red positive).
You may have the crossover frequency on the Behringer set too low.
If the sub amp has a gain control turn that up.
You will need at least a low pass crossover for the subwoofer, Preferred would be a high pass/low pass crossover that would remove bass from the full range speakers so they can play cleaner louder.
Make sure that the cable from the EQ sub out is connected to the correct input on the bridged amp and that the speakers are connected to the correct speaker terminals (usually both red positive).
You may have the crossover frequency on the Behringer set too low.
If the sub amp has a gain control turn that up.
You will need at least a low pass crossover for the subwoofer, Preferred would be a high pass/low pass crossover that would remove bass from the full range speakers so they can play cleaner louder.

Solution