Trying to find a good DAC/AMP for my Hd598

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hello Forum

SO i just bought a new pair of hg598 headphones. I am really satisfied with the sound quality in general. But them being open back, they do lack a little bit of bass. Which is the main reason i'd like to try out how they might sound with an external AMP or DAC.

Not just for the extra bass but i just want to try and bring it up a notch. See how much i can get out of them.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
I really don't know how much a good one should cost but i'm not looking to spend more than....$100 let's say.

Oh also one thing if forgot to mention is i've bought a boom mic to attach to the headset as they have a removable cable. Would i need an extra cable to make sure i have the headphones going into the dac/amp and have the microphone in as well?

Solution

It's like any other computer input, you need to have separate headphone and mic cables. Your mic should have come with a Y splitter for just that purpose. If you lost it, buy a new one, they are $5

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

How would that work though? the added mic that i am using with the headphones, when i plug it into the headphone jaack on the dac/amp would that not cause an issue or will they both work fine?

It's a USB DAC, just plug the headphones in the headphone jack, mic in the mic jack on the device, and then connect to your computer through USB.

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

This is the microphone i am using. It ends ina single 3.5mm jack. The other end of it is in the headphones already. I fi plug that into the hdaphone jack on the unit would't that cause the mic to not be picked up or would it be fine?

It's like any other computer input, you need to have separate headphone and mic cables. Your mic should have come with a Y splitter for just that purpose. If you lost it, buy a new one, they are $5

Solution