Question Trying to get a new laptop, need help with suggestions (Budget up to $2500)

Apr 28, 2021
So my laptop's been dying recently and I figured I'm gonna need a new one real soon for my class stuff due to mostly having online classes and being a computer science (coding and software stuff) student. Currently using an ASUS ROG GL504 GM, a good machine but it has some bad thermal issues sometimes whenever I play games which cause FPS drops unless I use Fan Overboost which has slowly gotten worse over time. I'm in Asia and my current laptop doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the heat generated through gaming and the constant heat here which may be why it's dying, I'm not quite sure though cuz I'm not an expert.

Out of the ones I've managed to find so far I'm interested in the Strix Scar 17, HP Omen X 2s, and Eluktronics Max-17. (I'm more used to 17" laptops so those are the ones I looked up). I don't know much about the differences though so if anyone can help me it would be appreciated. I'm also open to suggestions. I may not be able to get the Eluktronics laptop or all of the suggestions though as I'm having a relative get whatever laptop I end up deciding on as I'm in a really small town rn that has no real computer stores.

I'm not looking to play any extremely demanding games but I would prefer anything that's similar to a 1060 or stronger (preferably stronger as I'm looking for an upgrade since I need to replace mine anyways). Probably smth that could handle games like Monster Hunter World at High/Max with 60 FPS without much thermal throttling if possible.

Thank you ahead of time!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop General Discussion 0
M Laptop General Discussion 4
N Laptop General Discussion 1
F Laptop General Discussion 1
W Laptop General Discussion 2
O Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 4
N Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 1
G Laptop General Discussion 2