Trying to get a working picture of my laptop on my tv

Meago46

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
I am trying to connect my VAIO laptop to my onkyo surround sound receiver and my Samsung flat screen. All have been connected using HDMI cables. I have sound but the only visual I have is just the desktop screen I can't bring up any programs or even play movies. What am I doing wrong.

Hi,

It seems like you set the display in Extended screen mode and if you want to change it to Duplicate mode where you'll be able see your laptop display into the TV press the Windows Key + P then select Duplicate and press Enter.

Hi,

It seems like you set the display in Extended screen mode and if you want to change it to Duplicate mode where you'll be able see your laptop display into the TV press the Windows Key + P then select Duplicate and press Enter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Harshitdb3 Laptop General Discussion 2
F Laptop General Discussion 0
Rrajan73 Laptop General Discussion 4
Lonsoag2 Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
O Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
U Laptop General Discussion 7
A Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 0