Solved! Trying to get back on usual OnePlus 6

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hey
so back in 2019 I unlocked my OP 6's bootloader, rooted it and obviously got TWRP. Then I unrooted the phone because some apps didn't work. Now it's 2021 already and I haven't done any OTA updates. What I would like have is the good old "normal"/"ordinary" OS back on my phone. Also I would like to do OTAs so that I don't have to go to recovery. So basically just get back my newbie phone. I don't necessarily have to lock the bootloader, that can stay.
So any clear steps to get back?
Thanks!

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
If you do a factory restore does it restore it with your modifications? If that's the case you need to download a stock ROM for your device made for your carrier and flash that on the phone using a computer. First step of doing the changes you should be to backup the stock ROM, since you did not do that you need to find it online.
If you do a factory restore does it restore it with your modifications? If that's the case you need to download a stock ROM for your device made for your carrier and flash that on the phone using a computer. First step of doing the changes you should be to backup the stock ROM, since you did not do that you need to find it online.

Solution

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hey, thanks for replying!
So do I go to OnePlus's offical site and download the whole latest OTA.zip? Then go into TWRP flash the OTA and do all the necessary wiping. After this I should have stock recovery and latest stock ROM?

unto

Great
Apr 27, 2021
apps that refuse to work with root are not worth using.

$0.02

factory reset will not bring all things back to virgin. you will need to offline twrp flash the suitable non-OTA ROM for your handset.