Question Trying to Mirror a laptop on an extender to Projector on main gateway

Feb 7, 2020
Watch the colorful language, please. Thanks.
I'm not sure if this is the right area for my question, so if it isn't please feel free to direct me to the correct part of the forums. It's my first post after all, I have to learn correctly from the beginning.

I have a laptop in the mancave, which will now be known as TwackShack, out behind the garage. TwackShack is connected to my network on one of those little Comfast extenders. The Comfast extender is connected to the main gateway by a 200ft. Cat5 cable, directly plugged into the main, Xfinity Xfi Gateway. Connected to said gateway wirelessly, is a Projector via a MiraCast that I've gotten at Gimme a 5 here in Nashville, TN. TwackShack laptop is currently running Windows 7 due to a friend not returning the memory stick I loaned him a few months ago.

Here's a sort of diagram. PROJECTOR/MIRACAST <--WIFI---WIFI--> XFI GATEWAY <-------CAT 5 ETHERNET------------>TWACKSHACK COMFAST EXTENDER<-----WIFI----->TWACKSHACK LAPTOP

Is it even possible to mirror TwackShack Laptop to Miracast Projector with this setup, or one that's equally easy and cost effective (aka under like 15 bucks)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
Focandit Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1