Trying to pick a laptop for college would like a little insight into the Acer Aspire V nitro and the Asus ROG 751 ch71

thefallan

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Looking into getting a gaming laptop for college and I have narrowed it down pretty much to these two they meet the specs that I am looking for:

16g ram
ssd prefered (only in acer but could add one to the asus)
quad core processor
a 900 series video card preferably a 960 or better
the acer has a 4k screen
budget is around 1500 but less is always better

I am leaning towards the acer since it is lighter it gets a bit hotter but it makes it more portable I was wondering if anyone owned it since there has not been any receant reviews on the laptop. Some of the few issues I saw were battery life (not a problem it is a gaming laptop almost any gaming laptop will have a small battery life due to the parts it is using), the wifi card (which i heard was fixed in the newer versions), and some people had throttling issues but I have seen other reivews with it being completly fine with any game on max settings. If there are any serious issues I would just go with the asus while bigger it does offer cool gaming which is always nice. Any insight would be great, if you need any more information feel free to ask, thanks!

Solution
Both the laptops are aimed at different people. The acer is aimed at people that want graphics power but want portability. It is a good laptop as far as I know of.

The asus is more of a drt. It has better cooling as it is more bulkier.
Both the laptops are aimed at different people. The acer is aimed at people that want graphics power but want portability. It is a good laptop as far as I know of.

The asus is more of a drt. It has better cooling as it is more bulkier.

Solution