Okay, so I recently bought a Turtle Beach Recon 50X headset to play on my Xbox One, and record on my PC (Windows 10), but my computer isn't cooperating in. I cannot set my microphone as my Turtle Beach headset in OBS because my computer is not recognizing it as a headset. The reason that I believe this to be is because the headset has plug - 3.5mm for both audio and microphone. The laptop also only has 1 plug for headphones (Keep in mind - not headset). So, because it thinks that my headset does not have a microphone and is only headphones, it will not recognize it as a viable microphone. It is not a issue with a splitter, but it may be an issue with drivers, or the fact of the singular port. If there are any tech experts or people that why try and help out, it would be greatly appreciated for any feedback or tech support. Thanks
If your laptop does uses a 3.5mm combo port that means it should have work with your headset but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- You can either just reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically but I would suggest downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the laptop.
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- Right click on your speaker icon and select Recording Device and see if it will be detected, right click on it and select Set Defaults.
- Do the same with Playback Devices and set it as the default again.