Question Trying to repair laptop

Jul 8, 2018
Hello folks, My friend has this old laptop I am trying to fix hp pavilion dv6809. at first it power up and I was able to get into bios but the OS wasn't working it would freeze at that screen. so I shut it off the next day I plugged it back in and nothing the power was on it showed it charging. But it wouldn't power on.I tried the whole hold down the power button with and without the battery. I also opened it up cleaned the dust and replaced the cmos battery. But it still won't start I am stumped any one got any other suggestions. Besides get a new laptop he is sort of attached to this one

remove the HDD and the DVD drive
if more then one RAM is installed, only try with one stick, exchange the sticks if doesn´t boot

shut down the laptop, remove power and battery, press power for about 10 seconds and wait an hour. If it boots up after this, it might be faulty components on the motherboard

Jul 8, 2018
remove the HDD and the DVD drive
if more then one RAM is installed, only try with one stick, exchange the sticks if doesn´t boot

shut down the laptop, remove power and battery, press power for about 10 seconds and wait an hour. If it boots up after this, it might be faulty components on the motherboard
Well tried it still nothing it makes no sense to me it worked I turn it off then the next day it won't work at all

The charger is the original one or a third party device? The voltage is equal to the laptop´s input voltage and the minimum wattage is provided by it as well?

Did you try powering on without battery?
Also did you try powering on with only the batter and without the charger?

Can you test with a different charger?

Jul 8, 2018
The charger is the original one or a third party device? The voltage is equal to the laptop´s input voltage and the minimum wattage is provided by it as well?

It is third party 65 watt just like it suppost to be I tested it and it works fine yes I tested it with and with out