Turkey buying 10.5 tablets in a span of 3 years.

Halukcan

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
The government of Turkey launched a new project called "Fatih" , they will purhcase 10.5 million tablets to be used in school by students in a span of 3 years.

Can anyone guess which companies processor theyll use in the tablets? 10.5 million is a huge number, I'm gonna base my investing strategy on it.
The companies that I know which produce processors for tablets are
Nvidia
AMD
Intel
Qualcomm
Texas Instruments.

Solution

Hi :)

I certainly would NOT invest money on this decision..... its not that big an order ...

All the best Brett :)

Hi :)

I certainly would NOT invest money on this decision..... its not that big an order ...

All the best Brett :)

Solution

Halukcan

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

For Intel,Qualcomm its not a big number, but for Nvidia,Amd it is. Thanks for the reply tho :)

Texas Instruments is no longer in the SoC business. The margins are too low for them. Last time I've done research was late last year where Amazon was rumored to be interested in purchasing TI's SoC business.

Intel and AMD are small fry in the tablet business which automatically eliminates them especially since they are the newbies in that tablet market.

Qualcomm is probably in a better position than nVidia because their SoC fabrication process integrates more components into their SoC than what nVidia is capable of. Higher integration generally means lower overall costs.

TRENDING THREADS