Turn on wireless, get BSOD

Aug 21, 2013
Hey all.

I've been given a Sony Vaio VGN-S270B and was told to "clean it up." Well after uninstaling numerous toolbars, crapware, and programs I'm sure they never intended to use, I still have one problem. When I turn on wireless via the little switch, within 5 seconds it BSODs and reboots. I've managed to take a video of it with my phone, so I can read most of the screen, but it flashes too fast for me to take a picture. The BSOD is literally shown for maybe 1 second before it reboots.

I ran a deep scan with Malwarebytes and it was clean. So long as I leave the wireless off, it runs fine. I currently have a network cable plugged in.

Since I don't think I can upload videos here, I will try to type out what the BSOD says.

Aug 21, 2013
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000077B, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF739BE9F)

*** NDIS.sys - Address F739BE9F base at F7383000, DateStamp 48025d03

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.