Turtlebeach Z60 headset Volume issue

LieutenantDansLegs

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Just bought this headset today and I am already having an extremely obnoxious issue. On the volume control piece there is a volume wheel for the chat volume and then there is a wheel for the game volume. The chat volume seemingly does nothing while playing a game and in a Skype call. For example, I'll be playing H1Z1 with a friend and we will be in a call on skype. I turn the volume wheel for the chat and it doesn't make his voice louder or quiet. Only the game volume seems to work and when I turn the game volume wheel it drowns his voice out completely and if I turn it down it turns down the volume for both the game and his voice. It is almost like what is the point of having a chat volume control if it doesn't even do anything. I have no clue what to do about this but it is making me rather annoyed. Any ideas on how to fix it are very appreciated.

Solution
Chat volume controls "talkback" volume, on my X12 this is located on the headphone cable volume control box (there is a small 2.5mm headphone input).

If you can send your Skype audio out of a different output than game audio, you could run this signal into the "talkback" input, and control its volume independent of game volume with the chat knob.

Good luck.

BrandonYoung

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Chat volume controls "talkback" volume, on my X12 this is located on the headphone cable volume control box (there is a small 2.5mm headphone input).

If you can send your Skype audio out of a different output than game audio, you could run this signal into the "talkback" input, and control its volume independent of game volume with the chat knob.

Good luck.

Solution

LieutenantDansLegs

Estimable
May 22, 2015

Interesting, thank you. Although one thing, this headset is 7.1 Surround Sound