tv amplifier /retransmitter

Jun 10, 2018
I am looking for something that does not seem to exist!An amplifier/transmitter for dtv that connects to the coaxial wall socket from the roof antenna and resends the boosted signal throughout the house without the inconvenience of layingout much cable & crawling through the roof space to do so.Running a set=top box is the usual solution offered & completely miisses the point-you can only use one channel & need an infra-red range extender or some-such-again missing the point-I just want free-to-air dtv on my tv in whatever room I'm in without the cable-It's not my house so changes are not necessarily possible.I can't be the only person who wants this thing but no-one seems to make them!!Kere's hoping someone somewhere knows something helpful!

Solution
Just to get this clear
Aerial down to your main TV, Boosted, then broadcast the signal from the "boost box" around the house? So TV's with a "set top aerial" can pick up the signal better?
Or do you have other cables going to other rooms?

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Just to get this clear
Aerial down to your main TV, Boosted, then broadcast the signal from the "boost box" around the house? So TV's with a "set top aerial" can pick up the signal better?
Or do you have other cables going to other rooms?

Solution

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Yes and no...
Do you know the frequency on what the TV is being broadcast?
Also you can get these: google mobile phone signal booster
Find out what frequency your TV is broadcast at and see if one of these type of boosters will do your frequency range

What you want doesn't exist. You can't rebroadcast all the channels you receive over the air around your house.
Your real world options would be to use an separate antenna for each TV or to use something like this
https://www.tablotv.com/products/tablo-4-tuner-ota-dvr/
if they have one for Australia.