TV And Devices Surround Audio Question

Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Hey,

So my question is...

My TV's speakers are stereo but I have a separate surround sound system which all my devices (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Media Player, ..) are connected to. But my PS4, Xbox and Media Player are also connected to the TV with HDMI, so my TV receives surround audio through the HDMI cable but only has Stereo speakers (which is why all my devices are connected separately to my separate sound system aswell). Can I just take 1 cable from my TV, which receives surround through separate HDMI from all my devices, and connect it to my sound system? Will my TV send surround to the sound system or will it just send stereo to my sound system?

So basically I just want to replace my devices' separate audio cables with 1 cable that goes from my TV to the surround sound system.

PS4, Xbox, Media Player (not connected separately to sound system anymore but only to TV by HDMI) -> TV -> Surround Sound System

In the end, my devices send surround through HDMI to my TV but will my TV still send surround to my sound system?

Sound system: Logitech Z906
TV: PHILIPS 42PFL5038H/12

I hope you understand because it's a bit hard to explain, and Thanks in advance.

Eskapee

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

It does have the option to enable surround sound output. I'll order a cable and try it, thanks.