itsonlysmellz

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello,

I am using a UN32EH5000F 32'' TV as my monitor. Its connected by a HDMI cable with a DVI adapter on my PC.

Its great as a monitor, but I have been having signal issues. The TV has been arbitrarily losing signal. This is usually random, I could be okay for a few days then while watching a video it drops the signal. A few triggers I have noticed to cause it are when my PC sleeps or when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

I have the latest graphics drivers and TV firmware installed. The TV is set to HDMI [PC]. The HDMI cable is brand new I bought off Ebay.

I have called Samsung and they could only recommend I try a new HDMI cable or send the TV in to them see if its faulty. I dont suspect the TV or HDMI cable to be at fault. I have read forums with the same issue, changing the HDMI cable never appeared to solve anything.

Some have recommend to cover a pin on the HDMI cable with tape [Which doesnt seem to work for me] because its responsible detecting a signal, and if there is none it drops.

Another thing, the TV makes a windows USB connection sound when plugged in. Maybe this has something to do with Plug and Play?

I would really appreciate any help. Im getting desperate.

4UMXjW3.jpg

EDIT:

I have no Router and my Graphics card only has DVI ports.

-Lone-

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
I have also had this problem but I'm on a 4k TV and I use display port. So I don't think it is just HDMI. This only happen sometimes also, so I keep my TV and PC settings to never sleep so it doesn't turn off until I tell it to. Believe it or not, a router can act as a video signal "jammer" that causes your PC to lose video signal to your TV/monitor. But I don't think this is your case, maybe it is just a TV thing, as long as it is not all the time, it doesn't bother me too much.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
I have the same TV (just the previous version but practicaly the same) and use it as a monitor and had the same issue. I turned off the computer, turned it on, and there was no signal. In the end, my HDMI cable was actually loose. Make sure its fully in the port.

itsonlysmellz

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

Its placed in there as snugly as possible. No wiggle room.

itsonlysmellz

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

Hello,

Even if I did leave it running 24/7 it still randomly loses signal. I also do not have a router involved.