Solved! TV audio to speakers with Fiio E17K?

Jan 12, 2020
Hi, I want to connect TV with digital audio out (toslink) to speakers with RCA input. I have Fiio E17K with 3.5mm coaxial spdif input, can I use a toslink to 3.5mm cable like this to send audio signal from TV to the Fiio (and then line out to RCA)? Sorry for a noob question, but I'm confused with all those connector types.

If the speakers are active then it will work. Make sure to turn the volume on the Fiio down so it doesn't overload the input of the speakers.
If the speakers are passive then it's unlikely that the speakers will play loud enough. They probably need more than the Fiio provides for headphones.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 2
Pythonx Audio 4
Sound guy Audio 1
YetAnotherUser! Audio 0
C Audio 2
R Audio 1
A Audio 1
S Audio 1
dopeeh Audio 1
S Audio 0
BreadgoatX Audio 0
J Audio 8
TarlaGaming Audio 1
T Audio 2
Est2000Eli Audio 1
machoosharp Audio 0
B Audio 0
Doctor Gonzo Audio 0
V Audio 1
Wienerman101 Audio 5
Similar threads
Question Adding Wireless Speakers to Wired Home Audio System
Question New speakers lower dialogue audio in game???
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question Does audio controls work for bluetooth speakers on PC?
Question 2 Computers, 1 Set of Speakers - 3.5mm Splitter Isn't Working
Question Microphone is playing computer audio even when muted
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question How do I connect active speakers to an active speaker with no RCA output?
Question Speakers for both PC and Monitor? Audio Splitter?
Question Dual Monitor PC Setup, issues with Soundbar
Question how can I connect a SYBA USA VGA to HDMI converter Audio connector to an external amp/speaker
Question Fuzzy, noisy audio D:
Question Can I use two different audio outputs plugged into different ouputs on the the back of my motherboard?
Question HELP! Connecting old JVC Speakers to audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett)
Question Phone to Active speaker audio sounds very strange
Question One sided audio
Question What is causing a high-pitched whine through my PC speakers after I close a video?
Question Speakers and headphones are not recognized as separate devices, and sound plays in both.
Question Can you send audio over a telepohone line?

ASK THE COMMUNITY