TV channel network apps?

Solution
That entirely depends on the channel, app, etc. Most are on demand. Live TV requires something like SlingTV to watch and costs $$ per month.

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Cool, I was looking at Playstation Vue & seems they don't carry local channels, so I want to download the basic network apps. for FireTV (why no android app. guys) to watch those shows on demand...

the problem is most network apps want you to have a cable service already to access them. EG, you can't watch history channel shows on demand unless you buy the channel through a cable company, then you can use your cable company login for it, otherwise you can't.

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I just mean ABC/CBS/NBC, the OTA channels, do you still need a sub. for them PS VUE not having a abdriod app. is annoying, then I could just download my local network apps. SlingTV has a android aoo., but it is a lot worse than Vue.. Is there a easy way to get android apps. on FireOS? Does Apple make a iOS mini computer?

If allow "side-loading" of apps on your Amazon table, and you **somehow** get APK files of the apps you need - yes, you can. BTW, some networks (eb ABC) do have their app on Amazon. But you still need a cable/dish account to use it.

Apple do make "iOS mini computer" - it's called iPad.