TV flashing backlight with no picture

Nov 18, 2018
I have a Samsung smart tv that is just over a year old and has been nothing but trouble. A short while ago it would not turn on, so I replaced the power board and it worked for awhile. Now the back light flashes on and off with no image displayed at all. I've replaced the main board that has a built in T-con board and that did not solve my problem. The funny thing is, if I power up the tv without the mainboard connected, the backlight will stay on solid. With the mainboard plugged in, it flashes on and off. Any suggestions? I read on one forum that Samsung cables are garbage and to solder 18 awg wire between the main and power boards. Seems a bit drastic but doable.

Also, there are no test points off the T-con to check voltages going into the ribbon cables to the panel. I'm sure a cost cutting feature to combine the boards into one. So I have no way to verify if the panel is the problem, but given the flashing screen, I figured it was something more involved.

TV model number is UN55KU6290FX

Thanks for any ideas.

Nov 18, 2018
No, unfortunately it is out of warrenty. It was giving problems just after the warranty gave out, one year warranty. I had to confirm, but I guess it is now 2 years old, purchased end of year 2016 I think.

Dec 20, 2018